Sunday, November 16, 2014

10 sessions of radiation down, 23 to go!

 
 
Why do I have that old song from Smokey and the Bandit in my head, "I've got a long way to go and a short time to get there....."  but that's how I feel right now with this radiation, WHEW!  33 sessions, Monday through Friday for six and a half weeks total and I've got 10 down!  So far, so good, I'm seeing some minor skin irritations but nothing serious at this point so we're thankful for that. 
 
Lainey is doing SO good right now, her hair is CRAZY, I call her Richard Simmons because she loves wearing her headbands right now and she has this huge mop of blonde curls, it's AWESOME!  She is loving preschool and is the best napper in her class, ha!  Sundays are her favorite because she really loves going to church and "talking to Jesus."  We are looking forward to the holidays this year with lots of fun stuff planned. 
 
Obviously I've been keeping myself busy with all of these Wallet of Love applicants.  I can tell you though, I wasn't prepared for the mental part of absorbing all of these stories.  When I started this journey to start a non-profit, my goal was to help people financially but even more so, just to say to them, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.  When I read through every application we've received and I meet some of these families, my prayer seems to be, over and over again, "God, please give me the STRENGTH I need to see this through and help these families."  I have NO doubt that this is what God meant for me to do, so I know that He will give me what I need, not to just see this cancer fight through, but to be a voice of hope for these families.
 
As we enter into this wonderful holiday season of giving, please keep us in mind if you are having a holiday party of any kind, tell your friends about us.  If you have a company that supports non-profits, tell your boss about us.  Know of a friend that has lots of connections who could help us spread the word, send them an email with our blog and/or Facebook link.  I know we need all the help we can get fundraising and I'm also trusting that God will send us in the right direction to connect with people that will help us.  As always, THANK YOU, for praying for Lainey and I, for opening your hearts and your wallets for these sweet families and for showing the world LOVE IS LOUDER THAN CANCER!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: